Kubaisy luxuriously intends to import what one can call the (sophistication) of deliberate and insolent terror and intimidation, by which he endeavors to magnify shapes and features of his characters, besides the (caricature) over exaggeration and diligence in presenting this manner of sarcastic consciousness and exposed arrogance of their behaviors and practices. In the fact, they are merely cartoon characters with puffed bellies and swollen jugular veins, wearing hats and coats that conceal their physical deformities, bearing grudge and evil schemes and behaving malignantly, in an ingenious periphrasis subjected to a total consciousness that is parallel to the value of that overt and covert effect of all the intentions Kubaisy has already adopted in his cultural.
For more than two decades of experience, Al-Kubaisy excelled in highlighting the serious changes that took place in Iraq after 2003 through his brilliance, skills and vast experience, and freed himself from the traditional forms and blind imitation of common sculpture experiences. Without sacrificing his skills, tools and techniques, in his relentless quest to stand up to the tyranny of murder machines and the diversity of death and the degeneration of the spirit of his generals equipped with intimidation and murder.
Al Kubaisy was born in Iraq, where he graduated in 1992 from the Fine Art Academy of the University of Baghdad. His equestrian works have appeared in private collections across the UAE and have been exhibited widely in Baghdad, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Paris.
As a member of the Iraqi Fine Artists Association, he gained the first Young Artists Award in Baghdad in 2005. His first solo exhibition was in Paris M-Gallery in 2004, with the second following at Dubai’s XVA-Gallery in 2008. His third solo exhibition was held at the Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation in 2009. Among his key achievements are the gold-plated ceramic mural memorializing the late H.H. Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan in Al Ain Museum; Al Hosn Roundabout in Umm Al-Quwain, and many horse statutes of different sizes for Shadwell Arabian Horses Farm, as well as the many horse statutes of his creation housed in private farms across the Emirate of Dubai. He is currently a professor at the University of Sharjah.
- 2012 , Teacher and the head of the sculpture department at the Institute of Fine Arts in Sharjah, UAE. 2012 -2004, Teacher and head of the sculpture department at the Institute of Fine Arts in Baghdad, Iraq.
- 1996- 1994, Teacher of porcelain material and sculpture potter, Ceramic Association, Baghdad, Iraq
- Currently working as a first teacher in collage of fine arts in university of Sharjah
Workshops and Lectures:
2015, Art of mosaic Workshop, Sharjah Art Foundation, UAE.
2015, Electric wheel for ceramics industry series workshop, Sharjah, UAE .
2015, Cartoons Carving Workshop, Sharjah Department of Culture & Media, Sharjah, UAE.
2015, Workshop of puppets industry of consumed materials, Sharjah Department of Culture & Media, UAE.
2015, Bags and Ceramic Hangers workshop, Hamriya Arts Center, Sharjah, UAE.
2014, Estrogenic and Muscular of Human Head workshop, Emirates Fine Arts Society, Sharjah, UAE.
2014, Rubber Mold Industry workshop, Al Dhaid schools UAE.
2014, Electrode Wheel and vase work, Sharjah.
2014, Coloring Gypsum series Workshop, Al Dhaid Center.
2014, Plaster Sculpture workshop, Arts Center, Sharjah.
2014, Plastic Materials Recycling and Usage in Manufacture of Works of Art, Sharjah Cooperative Society, UAE.
2014, Cylinder Seals Industry in Dhaid Arts Center.
2014, Woodcarving , Dhaid Arts Center.
2014, Steel Formation workshop, Al Dhaid Schools.
2014, Wax Sculpture workshops, Sharjah.
2014, Ceramics Formation Workshop, Sharjah School for Humanitarian Services.
2014, Mosaic Art Workshop , Sharjah School for Humanitarian Services.
- 2017, “Hymns of War and Peace” Solo Exhibition, Al Owais Cultural Foundation, Dubai ,UAE.
- 2015, “Arabian Horses” Exhibition, Etihad Modern Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2009, Solo Exhibition, Cultural Complex, Abu Dhabi,UAE.
- 2008, Solo Exhibition, Sharjah Arts Lobby, Sharjah, UAE.
- 2008, Solo Exhibition, XVA Gallery, Dubai, UAE
- 2004, Solo Exhibition, M Gallery, Paris , France
- 2019 , solo exhibition in agial gallery in Beirut , Lebanon
- 2016, “Visions of the Future” , Etihad Modern art gallery, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2016, Sikka Art Fair, Dubai, UAE.
- 2015, Ramadan Annual Exhibition, Etihad Modern Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2014, Ramadan Exhibition, Expo Sharjah, UAE.
- 2014, Annual Exhibition, UAE Fine Artists Society
- 2013, Union Day Exhibition, Etihad Modern Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2013, Opening Exhibition , Etihad Modern Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2013, Annual Exhibition, UAE Fine Artists Society.
- 2011, Sikka Art Fair, Dubai, UAE.
- 2010, Contemporary Art Exhibition , XVA Gallery, Dubai, UAE.
- 2010, Art Dubai, Al Fahidi Historic District, Dubai, UAE.
- 2009, Dubai Horse Fair, Dubai Trade Centre, UAE.
- 2008, “Mesopotamia” Exhibition, Gbab Gallery, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2007, National Exhibition of Modern Art , Officers Club, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2004, Trends in Contemporary Iraqi Art Exhibition , Dubai, UAE.
- 2000, Porcelain Exhibition, AlThabyani Girl Club, UAE.
- 2000, Porcelain Exhibition, , Ajman University, UAE.
- 1999, Heritage Impressions Exhibition, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai, UAE.
- 2019 , participate in Abu Dhabi art fair
- 2013, Contemporary Sculpture Art exhibition, Sydney, Australia.
- 2011, Baghdad First Stone Carving Symposium, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 2007, Iraqi Contemporary Art Exhibition UNESCO, Paris.
- 2007, Iraqi Contemporary Exhibition, Jordan.
- 2007, Iraqi Contemporary Art Exhibition, ACAD Hall, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 2006, Iraqi Contemporary Art Exhibition, Iraq.
- 2004, Iraqi Fine Arts Society Exhibition, Damascus, Syria.
- 2004, “Tribute to Baghdad” Exhibition , Baghdad Dialogue Hall, Iraq.
- 2002, “100” Exhibition, Baghdad Dialogue Hall, Iraq.
- 2002, Baghdad Global Biennale, Saddam Arts Center Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 2002-1996 , Society of the Iraqis Fine artists Annual Exhibitions, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 2002-1988, Ministry of Culture and Information Annual Exhibitions, Baghdad, Iraq. Participated in an Exhibition with Mohammed Alhagafi in MONO gallery in Saudi Arabia 2019 Participate in the annual exhibition of faculty of fine art in university of Sharjah in 2019 Participated in exhibition with DEN gallery in Kuwait , 2019
- participate with Beirut art fair in Beirut , 2019
- participate with misk art fair , riyadh , 2019
- 2002-2001, Design and implementation of a large number of “Horse Sculptures” for Nad AlShiba and Jebel Ali Horse Racetrack, Dubai, UAE. 2001, Design and implementation of lineage mural of the late Sheikh Rashid Al Muwalla, Umm AlQuwain Museum, UAE.
- 2001, Design and implementation of ” Horse Sculpture” at Al Hosn Roundabout, Umm AlQuwain, UAE. 2000, Design and implementation of the family tree of the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan, Al Ain Museum, UAE.
- 2000, Design and implementation of a wide range of works of art and mural paintings of porcelain material, Al Ain Museum, UAE. 2000, Restoration and Reproduction of the Antique Ceramic Pieces for the Cadre of Fujairah Museum, UAE.
- 1996, Design and implementation of a number of works of art documenting the “Algerian Revolution against the French occupation in the Algerian Embassy, UAE.