Contemporary Egyptian Artist Dina Targam was born in Egypt, and currently works and lives in Cairo. She graduated from the American University of Cairo with a bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering as well as Visual Art. She’s always been passionate about art and architecture; from a young age she wasn’t the one who spilled out her heart but it was only the canvas that allowed her to truly vent her emotions freely without having to describe or justify them.
Targam’s paintings typically do not follow a set plan or logical process. She actively relies on her emotions and subconscious mind to direct her. She attempts to silence the mind and let her soul guide the shades of color and choice of brush strokes.
Although at times the process seems random and arbitrary, but as soon as she starts it just flows smoothly as if it was planned all the way. Her abstract style is intuitive, personal and exposed, leaving you reminiscing within each piece.
Targam held many solo exhibitions in Cairo, and participated in several exhibitions in Egypt, Germany and Spain
Born 1990; Cairo, Egypt
- 2012 – Bachelor of Science – Architectural Engineering – American University in Cairo
- 2012 – Bachelor of Arts –Visual Art- American University in Cairo
- 2006 – GCSE – El Alsson
- 2020 ‘La Vie En Rose’, Picasso Art Gallery, Zamalek, Cairo
- 2018 ‘a mother is ‘Picasso Art Gallery, Zamalek, Cairo
- 2017 ‘A New Beginning’ Picasso Art Gallery, Zamalek, Cairo
- 2016 ‘A Life Worth Living’ Eklego Design, Zamalek, Cairo
- 2019 ‘Collective Art Show’- Van Gogh Art Gallery- Madrid, Spain
- 2019 ‘Art Fair Leipzig 2019′ Kunstmesse, Leipzig, Germany
- 2018 Charity Auction ‘Helm NGO’
- 2017 ‘Group Exhibition’ Art Exhibition – Culture Lab & Designers Boulevard
- 2016 ‘Group Exhibition’ – Private Exhibition – ‘Zamalek
- 2016 ‘Group Exhibition’ – Kahila Art Gallery – Cairo
- 2016 ‘Group Exhibition – Samah Art Gallery – Zamalek, Cairo
- 2015 ‘Group Exhibition’ – Eklego Design – ‘Zamalek, Cairo
- 2012 “Parallel Senior Art Exhibition – The Sharjah Gallery -The American University in Cairo